Geosynthetic lining systems consist of either geomembrane or a combination of other geosynthetics like geosynthetic
clay liner, which will arrest / prevent seepage & prevent contamination of aquifers.
A. Hydraulic structures
B. Landfill / waste containment structures
Hazardous waste landfills
High volume waste disposal facilities (ashdykes, red mud pond, gypsum disposal sites)
Municipal solid waste landfills
C. Industrial linings
Effluent pond/ waste water ponds
Sludge disposal pits
Oil tank pads
- Geomembrane eliminates the water loss through seepage.
- Geomembrane is highly flexible to withstand stresses due to any differential settlements, thermal stresses, high hydraulic pressures, etc.
- Improves canal hydraulics, equity and reliability of water distribution
- In canals, it reduces water logging and salining of the adjoining land.
- Geosynthetics like geosynthetic clay liner can replace the clay materials.
- Geocomposite net acts as suitable replacement for sand / gravel as drainage medium.
- Geosynthetic liner system arrests the seepage of contaminated / hazardous leachate from the waste facilities.
- Installation of geosynthetic lining is simple and easy.