Coastal & River Protection Works
- Sea Walls
- Revetments / Launching Aprons
- Shore Protection
- Sea Shore
- Wave Energy Dissipation
- River Banks
- Decrease in Tractive Shear Stress to prevent displacement / erosion of soil particles
- Sand filled Geotextile Tubes
- Stone filled Polymer Rope Gabions
- Sand filled Geotextile Bags / Containers / Mattresses
- Geotextile Bag filled Gabions
- Woven Geotextile – Allows water to pass, retains soil and prevents erosion
- Geotextiles tubes are flexible long tubes made of suitable geotextile of dimensions in the range of 1 to 5 m diameter and 20 to 40 m length. The tube is manufactured from high strength woven geotextile which is durable, UV resistant and delivers high performance.
Polymer Rope Gabions:
- Polymer rope gabions are prefabricated collapsible sausages, which are fabricated by a unique process in which the ropes are woven into a continuous net with square apertures of 100 and 150 mm. These nets are used to form cages of desired sizes and are filled with boulders.
- Manufactured from polypropylene (PP) ropes of diameter ranging from 9 to 16 mm, adequately stabilized for degradation against ultraviolet radiation
- Polymer rope gabions are ideally suited for use as an armour layer in resisting all erodible effects of waves.
- Boulder fill can be done in-situ or gabions can be prefilled and installed in place with the help of crane.
- Geotextile bags are small volume containers manufactured from high strength woven geotextiles to form a range of shapes such as pillow-shaped, box-shaped, etc., depending on the required application.
- Sand mattresses are flat mattresses made up of high strength woven geotextiles, which are filled with sand. They are used for scour protection and as filter material in coastal protection and river training structures.
- Proven Method for
- Protecting shorelines
- Rebuilding beaches
- Reclaiming land
- River bank protection
- Sea / River Sand as fill material – hence better method for places with less stone availability
- Easy to install
- Highly flexible
- Cost effective
- Porous & faster installation
- Erosion control sea walls
- Artificial reefs
- Flood protection
- Beach restoration