Garware Technical Fibres Limited (hereinafter referred to as “GTFL”, “we”) understand that your privacy is important to you and it is equally important to us. We may process your personal data in the capacity of data controllers. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person.
By submitting your personal data to GTFL, you acknowledge that:
- You are not obligated to provide any requested information to us but failing to do so may result in not being able to cater to your requirement.
- All of your information provided to GTFL is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief. You are responsible for providing accurate information to GTFL. In case of inaccurate information, references provided by you, appropriate actions might be taken or you might be ineligible for availing GTFL products and services.
1.1 Personal Data We Collect
When you use this website or any other medium for contacting us for product or service related query or for your offerings or to apply for any job openings, your personal data is collected by us. The types of personal data that is collected from you includes your name, company name, email ID, mobile number, address, and information about your device etc.
If you apply for a job or opportunity as per your skills through this website or other means, you will be asked to submit your resume. We will use this information to consider you for the job opening that you specify. We may also use this information to contact you regarding other opportunities, as per your skills.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, GTFL employees with whom you have interviewed and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
We may also ask you for personal data in connection with other interactions you have with this website, including when you answer a survey or report a problem with this website or services offered on this website.
We may use a third-party service provider to assist us with some features of our website. Our service provider will receive your information on our behalf and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose.
Special category data is a subset of personal data and includes ethnicity, health, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories as prescribed by EU General Data Protection Regulation or other applicable law. GTFL does not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a candidate unless permitted to do so by applicable laws.
1.2 How We Use Your Personal Data
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate, human resources, business management or commercial interests. This may include the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests
- To provide services to you including customer services issues
- To send communications to you about our or our affiliates’ current services, new products and services or promotions that we are developing, and offerings that may be available for you
- Alerts for new features or enhancements to our products and services
- To communicate about job or career opportunities which you have inquired
- Identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available
- To ensure that our website and our services function in an effective manner for you
- Marketing and events: We use personal data to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, etc. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these emails in the future. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime, loss prevention or fraud. We may also use personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate.
We endeavour to collect only such information that is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is accurate, complete and current; we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, and use is relevant to its intended use.
1.3 When We Share Personal Data
We share or disclose personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations.
- Within GTFL: Our businesses around the world are supported by GTFL representatives, and personal data will be made available to concerned departments if necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development, for instance. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data protection policy and security policies when handling personal data.
- Our third-party service providers: We collaborate with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal data will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, for example travel and accommodation, software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; order fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose than to
provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.)
1.4 Where We Store and Process Personal Data
1.5 How We Secure Personal Data
We take data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal data. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
- Policies and procedures: GTFL employs reasonable technological, physical and operational security procedures intended to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and updated in an effort to provide appropriate security for all the data collected about you through this website or other means.
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal data
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
- We conduct privacy, information security, and other applicable trainings on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal data and other sensitive data
- We require our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures.
1.6 How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data for so long as is reasonably required for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, GTFL takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
1.7 Your choice to unsubscribe or opt-out
If you wish to unsubscribe from this website or from any other services(for e.g. surveys, promotional notifications etc.) at any time, you can send us an email at [email protected].
1.8 Your rights
- You may have the right to request access to the personal data that GTFL has collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data.
- You may have the right to request a copy of the personal data GTFL has collected about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- You may also request GTFL to cease the processing of your personal data (e.g. if you choose to withdraw from our recruiting or for products and services program), although note that we may need to retain certain personal data where required or permitted under applicable law.
- You may also have a right to object to processing of your personal data that GTFL has collected about you.
If you would like to make a request to access, review or correct the personal data that GTFL has collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact at [email protected]works.com.
*The above rights are as per the GDPR requirements and can be exercised by EU data subjects, only. To help protect privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Depending upon the circumstances and the request, we may not be permitted to provide access to personal data or otherwise fully comply with your request; for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else. GTFL reserves the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or to deny your requests where, in GTFL’s discretion, they may be unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unacceptable under applicable law.
This Website is not intended to collect or maintain personal data of individuals under 13 years of age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THIS WEBSITE. If GTFL learns that personal data of an individual under 13 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then GTFL will take the appropriate steps to delete such information.